So I created this blog with a unique twist, being primarily written from my characters’ voices (with the exception of this post, heh). I am enjoying this, and it’s actually even more challenging than writing the normal fiction in each voice, strangely enough.
Anyway, the point is—I like it, and I want to know if my readers do as well.
Not only that, but I do want to try posting more with more variety, and I want to know—what do you want to read?
So far, it seems the Character Studies each month are a favorite, and I definitely plan to continue those, so don’t worry. (And on that note, any suggestion for next month’s theme? I had an idea and forgot to write it down, oops.)
So I have a couple options of what future posts could be like.
- There could be more posts about the characters themselves, since all anyone knows about these guys are from random comments they make or their About page, and then the two Beautiful People posts. Would you want to know more about them, or is what they’re saying about other things more interesting?
- That leads into… more posts about writing advice and techniques, such as Cimizelle’s Secrets post or Tiri’s post on Character Foils.
- On the same line as the first note, there could also be more about their individual stories or the worlds they live in. A little on that—Ereinne and the others in Oracular live in a world where all people with blue eyes are Oracles, who can see the future…and then promptly forget what they saw. Ceveth and his siblings live in a futuristic L.A., (renamed to New L.A. after being rebuilt post-World War III), where they spend…pretty much most of their time trying to not be caught by the robotized police force.
- More posts about my individual writing process and progress…or at least something more detailed than the word-counts you can find in the sidebars.
- Or even something else entirely!
I could focus on one or a few of the above ideas, so I ask your feedback and thoughts. Which ideas do you like best? And how many of you think I should continue the Wiring Prompt Wednesday posts?
[Oh phew, Morgan’s done rambling. I thought she’d never stop. YAY WE HAVE OUR BLOG BACK!
Oh also, make sure you guys tell Morgan to write more posts about me!]
[Gee, way to be self-absorbed, Ereinne.]
[What, you want posts about you instead?]
[I…don’t think that’s worth responding to.]
[I’m interrupting here to ask, how well have you lovely readers been able to distinguish between all of us? Are the brackets enough?]