Character studies is a monthly interview (often broken into several parts). For more info, see here.
Interested in participating? Copy/paste the following questions, pick a character to answer them, and then share the link back here so we can go check it out!
Okay, okay, so you guys have been waiting like all month for this post. Well, half the month, because it’s only halfway into August. (If you were waiting for the second half of July for August’s Character Studies, then you’re just plain silly.)
Anyway, so the theme! Anyone know what’s the best thing in the whole world?
Well, so I’m told, because I don’t know my family. But you do! (I hope.) So this month’s theme is all about family.
- Who’s your biological family?
- Do you have any family members that aren’t biological (or married into the family)? How did they become part of your family?
- What’s your idea of a perfect family? How does yours fall short of that ideal?
- Where would you place your family on a scale of one to ten (one being very estranged, ten being very close)?
- What do you think would make your family closer to each other?
- What keeps your family from becoming closer?
- What is your family like, compared to any other families in your story? (And if there are none, compare yours to your idea of what other families are like.)
- What kind of a role do you play in your family? Are you satisfied with that?
- Is there any one family member you wish you could know better? What stops you from becoming so?
- Bonus: What’s your preferred level of ripeness for fruit?
Part 1: TBP